Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I Love E-mail!

"God help us, we're in the hands of engineers."
- Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park

Who knew I would ever get excited about opening Outlook? Thanks to Xobni, I do. This third-party Outlook add-in is the coolest thing since sliced bread. It adds a toolbar to the right side of your Outlook that shows a profile of the person you are emailing. At a glance, you can see their phone number, schedule time with them (without looking through both of your calendars), see your conversations, see attachments you've shared, and more. It has made my e-mail life so much more efficient. And the fun part is the analytics. I can actually see, on average, how quickly I respond to emails, when I receive the most email, what time of day I send the most emails, and even how many unique people I have exchanged thoughts with. I'm enamored. Check it out - its free.

No comments: