- my college roommate's grandfather
This post made me laugh out loud. We've all seen it: some element at an event that made us think, "Who did they put in charge of THAT?"
Here are a few of my favorite "Worst Of" experiences at recent conferences:
- Shuttle bus stops that were so poorly marked that no one rode the buses.
- Name badges with font so small that you absolutely couldn't see the names from more than 2 feet away.
- More than 5 hashtags for the same event, leading to absolutely no meaningful social engagement on Twitter.
- Online engagement built purely on flash - guaranteeing that anyone with an iPad or iPhone had no way to participate.
- No pocket guide due to pure reliance on the event app... and event app didn't work.
- Ran out of coffee cups 30 minutes into breakfast buffet (plenty of coffee, though!)
- Eggs at breakfast! THANK YOU for some protein!
- Hashtag table tent signs in every breakout so attendees knew how to notate their Tweets.
- A mobile app that let me complete a profile and locate people with similar interests and meet them in a lounge area.
- Interactive way-finding digital signage so I could touch the screen to figure out where I needed to go next.
- Name badges that were printed on both sides so when it turned around, I could still see people's names.