Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hey, wait a minute...

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!
 - Stuart Smalley

I read this article about event professionals under 40 and thought, "Man, I'm such a loser! What have I done in my career?"

Then I thought this: Wait a minute. I'm 32 years old and a Senior Manager of Event Marketing over the Americas region for a Fortune 50 company. I manage 15 direct reports. We project manage and execute over 200 events a year and support over 2,500 events a year through equipment or other means. I activated the corporate Twitter account for events. I'm about to launch a corporate event blog.  I led the project that consolidated more than 16 individual registration tools across the globe down to just two. I have my own industry blog (that no one reads, but it's still fun to say). I'm on the Board of Directors of a major industry association (CEMA). I just led our team through the entire rebranding of our corporate booth property (they did all the work, I just said yes and no where appropriate).

Sadly, I am not fluent in 3 languages that first amazing chick. And I don't have a Vice President title like that second guy. But no, I am not a loser! In fact, I'm pretty freaking awesome!

Think about yourself for a minute. You are pretty darn awesome, too. You just have to admit it to yourself. Take a moment to write down your accomplishments - here in the comments, or somewhere else. Just do it. You'll feel happier than you did 10 minutes ago.

2 comments:

Autumn said...

WoW ~ you ARE awesome!

Unknown said...

I have an awesome daughter!